Steak Taco Bowls
Steak Taco Bowls
Hand Held Taco Bowls using our delicious Sirloin Steaks.
Who doesn't love street food?
These bright, vibrant and full of flavour Steak Taco Bowls showcase our Sirloin Steaks - of course you can change them to any steak of your choice.
We served them with ice berg lettuce, salsa, sour cream, and rice but they would be delicious with guacamole, corn also.
With very little preparation required it is a perfect mid week meal - or a show stopper for a fiesta!
- Frying Pan
- Food Processor (if you don't have this don't worry you can hand chop the salsa)
- Muffin Trays (or you can buy the Tortilla Boats)
- Remove your steaks from the fridge to leave at room temperature and simply season with salt and pepper
- To make your salsa: quarter your onion, tomatoes, and place in food processor adding your coriander (stalks included), lemon & lime juice, salt & pepper to taste. Then pulse until it has the consistency you like. You can add chilli also.
- Cut your lettuce to desired size - or cheat and buy shredded lettuce
- To make the bowls: use a muffin tray upside down and fit your tortillas in between the gaps. Place in preheated oven (200 degrees) for 7 minutes.
- Heat your frying pan until very hot, drizzle with some oil and cook to your preferred cooking - we cooked ours for around 2 minutes each side. Then rested for 4 minutes.
- Time to assemble - you can either assemble, or lay everything out buffet style!
List of Ingredients
- 2 x 6oz Sirloin Steaks
- 6 x Small Tortilla Wraps
- Ice Berg Lettuce - Shredded
- Sour Cream
- 4 x Tomatoes
- 1 x Red Onion
- 1/2 Small Bunch Coriander
- 1 TBSP Lime Juice
- 1 TBSP Lemon Juice
- Salt & Pepper to Taste